Monday, March 31, 2014

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go Dear Lord

Hey everyone!! 
So last night I received my transfer calls and you'll never guess where I am going.....
Okay by now you have probably read ahead and know I am going to Kosovo so I will explain.
I have to start by saying that there is no fear for me in going to Kosovo, only excitement for something new and sorrow over leaving Tirana. I have felt that I would be leaving but I am excited that my 3 Week Companion Motra Pitcher will stay here and take over. This is really good news for me since I have been working like a crazy person to get our Area Book perfect. Even though I think I understand what happened there and that there is the possibility of lingering problems, I know in the strength of the Lord I can do all things and will do all things that He will ask me to do. He has blessed me with the ability to have faith and not fear so I will go and do as He asks me. So you should not worry either. 
As I have been packing I have felt sad that I will not get to say goodbye to many of the people I love here, but I know that Kosovo is where I am needed. I was reading the other day in the Book of Mormon about the great missionaries Alma and Ammon and Aaron and all the other Sons of Mosiah. I was impressed by their courage to go against the Lamanites to teach them of Christ even though they knew they faced the possibility of imprisonment and or death. They took up courage, went forth and taught and then by their diligence and patience they recorded that: 
"And as sure as the Lord liveth, so sure as many as believed, or as many as were brought to the knowledge of the truth, through the preaching of Ammon and his brethren, according to the spirit of revelation and of prophecy, and the power of God working miracles in them—yea, I say unto you, as the Lord liveth, as many of the Lamanites as believed in their preaching, and were converted unto the Lord, never did fall away." (Alma 23:6) 
I feel a little that I am going amoung the Lamanites but I know that the Lord has been preparing me and I, like Ammon, seek to help all learn of Christ and invite them to come unto Him.  
Love, 
Motra Hawkins 
P.S. Today we went and got pictures in traditional Albania clothing. Please Enjoy.
I know I did...



No comments:

Post a Comment