Monday, March 17, 2014

Surprise!!

Hello Everyone!! 
So Tuesday brought some big changes in my life that I was not quite expecting. Monday we called Pres. Ford to tell him that we would like to meet and talk about Motra DeFriez's problems with the work. We sat down and then carefully began to explain that he thought it would be better if she went home to get better medical attention and results. This was not the reaction that either of us were expecting but we got agreed that it was a good idea. Tuesday we went home, I packed her bags, we said some quick good-byes and then Wednesday morning she flew out. The good news is that we had Zone Conference so I was able to quickly be put with my new companion. Luckily another Sister left the mission for a new area so our companionship fell together nicely. I was in a bit of shock for a while trying to come to grips that she was gone but now I am doing much better.
This past week with Motra Pitcher has been interesting. We had a couple of sick days inside of the apartment due to health problems on her part (5th times the charm...) but gratefully today we are back on our feet and have some great plans for this evening. The transition has been a bit difficult on me but I realize that I am very grateful for the change. I have already gained so much perspective and I am laughing more than I have in months. I feel fantastic! If laughter is contagious then I am really sick with it. The funniest part is that Pres. Ford promises us that we would not be together (i.e. we are only together two weeks) but this is the best companionship we have both had and wish that it will last longer. We both recognize that our time together is short and we are excited to continue to learn together!! 
I pray that everything is going well at home and that you are all happy and smiling...because it is St. Patrick's Day!! Go and pinch someone!! 
Love, 
Motra Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment