Monday, September 2, 2013

It's the End as I Know it... September 2, 2013

Hey There Family, 
Well to say it how it is, right now my heart is broken. I just found out last night that I will be transferred to Durres (pronounced Dew-Rus) to train again. 
Today was a bit hard (okay really really hard!!!) saying goodbye to everyone here in Lushnje, but I know that I am needed in Durres. Maybe that is why it was so hard to say goodbye to everyone. Our last visit was with Rista and Pirro Cauli and that was probably the hardest thing I have done in a long time...almost as hard as saying goodbye to Mom and Dad at the MTC. They truly are like my Albanian parents! The greatest miracle is that they were both baptized on Saturday (see picture below) and confirmed yesterday. My heart is broken and my eyes won't quick leaking...my heart hurts so bad but I know that I am needed in Durres. I have truly loved serving in Lushnje as hard as all of the struggles were both big and small. When President Ford called me last night he told me the reason that I am going back to Durres is because I am needed as a key trainer because Durres will become a ward shortly (when we get a stake here!!!) and I am needed to secure the fort up there. I hope that this next training adventure will be equally rewarding and full of growth as this last one has been. I can hardly believe how much this area has changed since we first got here and all of the wonderful people with whom we were able to meet and teach. I will definitely be leaving a piece of my heart here when I go.  
Well, that is all I have for this week. I hope this email finds you all well and happy! 
Love, 
Motra Hawkins

 

No comments:

Post a Comment