Monday, July 22, 2013

Hey Fam!! July 22, 2013

Okay this week I have to start by saying, "Happy Birthday Drewby-Doo!!" before I forget. I hope that you had a great birthday yesterday! Go on some dates or something...yep that's all I have to say about that.:) Oh and when it's Colli's b-day you should go on a double date. Today for our activity we went to the beach and I made a picture in the sand that said Happy Birthday Drew but I can't get the picture to attach. Maybe I can send it next week. I know, I'm lame- get used to it...
This week in Lushnje was very exciting and we have been doing a lot more work with the members than the past couple of weeks.If I ever think we are busy, the next week is always soooo much more busy.  Now on top of our regular investigator/recent convert/less-active lessons, we are also doing and English course, Young Women activities  and now we are teaching the temple course to all of the members who want to go to the temple this October. Luckily we never have any extra time because when we do, we will have a member call us with a referral and poof we instantly have work. The Lord truly has blessed us with a lot of work lately!! We are now halfway through this transfer and have found 25 new investigators and have had five baptisms!!! Speaking of which....
We had a baptismal service for the Daka family on Saturday and yesterday they were confirmed and received the Holy Ghost! After weeks of waiting, it finally happened and they were so happy! (Again I cannot attach pictures sadly). Additionally, Ervis (the son) was interviewed and next week he will receive the Priesthood! Today we are going to teach them more about the temple and eternal families. A couple of years ago, Xhevarihe's husband passed away so we are excited to teach them about eternal families and encourage them to prepare to go to the temple.Other than helping some of the members here prepare to go the temple, we are working hard with our new and old investigators to prepare for baptism. Something interesting that happened this week is that we received a call from one of the native missionaries who is serving in England (he was in Albania for visa stuff),Elder Hoxha, and he requested that we begin to teach his family who lives here in Lushnje. Hopefully his desire can be fulfilled before he returns home, or even when he does return.
The greatest thing that I have learned about missionary work this week is that it is all eternal work- we can do family history for those who are not here, spread the Gospel to those who are, and live and teach in such a way that our children will learn from our example. We not only teach eternal principles but are in the midst of eternal work. When I think of this and the hard days come, it makes the work that much sweeter. I think I have finally gained that missionary spirit and desire that all can learn and apply the principles of the Gospel in their lives because I see how it has helped me and desire that they may do the same. 
One other great thing that happened this week was the exchange we had with the Sister Trainer Leaders. I went to Fier and while I was away thought about what things I wanted to change with my companionship, and when I got back discussed those things with my companion. It was not easy thing for me to be so frank with her, but I have seen the extreme difference it has made and I know that it is a good thing. We are teaching more in unity now and the Spirit is with us in our lessons more often. Things aren't where I want them to be but the difference is huge! Also, rumor has it that I will be training again this next transfer so I am excited to be able to do this all again. I have seen how different I am because of it and I am excited for the challenge because I see how much good it has done and how much I have changed. Sometimes the change is hard and a bit painful, but change it is and always for the better. I truly love missionary work and the people we are teaching. A lot of the time I wish you all could be here to meet them, the other half of my family, and I hope one day that can happen! It may not be in this life but that day will come.  
Well that is all I have time for today. I hope you are enjoying your vacation in Mexico, and like I said last week,if there is anything specific you want to hear about let me know. 
Love you all! 
Motra Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment