Monday, July 29, 2013

For the Fam -- July 29, 2013

Well Family, 
Not too many new things have happened this week.We are still working like crazy with all of our investigators (about 15 right now) and helping members prepare for the temple. We have these two investigators named Rista and Pirro that we just recently started teaching. The woman is a sister of a member so she was a referral more or less through that connection. Long story short they are wonderful!! You hear about people saying that "They were just prepared..." and I never knew what that meant until now. All of the investigators that we have been meeting with, we have been teaching them everything from the very basic level of the gospel because they did not know anything but have the desire to learn. With this family (yes family- that never happens here in Albania!!) they have a Christian background and read everything we suggest and then more! It is so wonderful. It's so nice from a teaching point of view because they already have that foundation and then we can easily build upon it. Other than them, only a couple of other things worth mentioning happened. We saw a guy wearing a BYU-I tshirt while riding past on a bike, I was stuck in bed all day wednesday because I had a really bad sore neck and shoulder from sleeping funny- I couldn't really move my neck at all, and while making a member visit the father was taken away by the police as a witness of some hazing. Pretty much it was an amazing week full of lessons! I really love Lushnje and am sad that here in a month or so I will probably have to say goodbye. 
Welp, again I don't have any questions so that's all for this week. Love you all!! 
Motra Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment