Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy December!!

Hey Family! 
I am very short on time this week so I have to make it quick. 
This past week was a bit crazy but still good nevertheless. It was not my favorite but there was a lot of learning. Our biggest disappointment is that two of our serious investigators have quick answering their phones and we are no longer in contact. It breaks my heart because one was ready for her baptism and the other was eagerly preparing. We are hoping that the problem was a matter of school or work but either way we pray that everything will happen for them in the Lord's timing. We are comforted with the thought that this simply is not their time yet. We still are trying our hardest to contact them again but we have had no success yet. Now that it is close to Christmas we hope they turn up again. 
The good news (I always like to end on a good note) is that we were able to go to Tirana and celebrate Thanksgiving with all of the other missionaries. We had a talent show and our act was one of the best- a bit silly but really fun! 
The weather here is getting really cold and so we have to really bundle up now. I go out with thermals, a shirt, a sweater, and my big coat as well as a hat and gloves plus stockings and boots..and it is still cold. I thought the winter would be pretty mild but I guess the humidity plays a part. It is as if the cold seeps into your bones. My favorite thing is seeing my breathe while teaching...it makes me chuckle.  
Other than that, things have been pretty normal here. We are trying our hardest to help all of our investigators prepare for baptism but problems keep coming up. Please pray for them! 
Love you all! 
Motra Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment