Monday, June 10, 2013

It's Already June! June 10, 2013

Wow! I cannot believe it is already June!! Yet again another week has come and gone- sometimes I cannot believe how fast they go! Just the other day I was thinking it was still March...I guess time flies when you are serving, eh? Even more crazy to me is to think that  this is my last week here in Durres. Transfer calls came in last night (at 11:00!!!!) and I will be transferred to Lushnja, a little village in the central part of Albania, and I will also be training as I had already assumed. The craziest thing is that Lushnja has never had Sister Missionaries before, so my companion and I will be the first ever! A little daunting but I am very excited. I am so sad that I have to leave my little Durres, but I am really excited to start training, especially opening a new area. The worst part is that I assumed that I would be staying, so when my companion has been saying her good byes to everyone, I have not because I assumed that I would be seeing them all again soon, but for some people I may never see them again- which is hard for me to accept. Though I do hate goodbyes so it may be the best this way after all.
  
It's a bit hard for me to take it all in at once, all of these changes, but I know that change is a good thing. I have always had a hard time with big changes, but I have realized while serving here that the biggest changes have always brought the most growth for me. Thus, why I am so excited- I know I have so much growing to do and as hard as it is going to be I know that the Lord with provide and strengthen me. I love the scripture in Ether 12 where the Lord says that if men come unto Him, He will show unto them their weakness and I know that is me. I know that if I have faith in Him, then He will make me weak things become strengths. It's is going to be an adventure and I pray that I will have faith sufficient to make my weaknesses strengths! 
As far as news goes from this last week a lot of crazy little things happened so I will just start naming them off. We saw a dead hedgehog, almost got attacked by a wild sheep dog that just attacked a little shepard boy, ate a lot of different desserts (when I have the opportunity I will send pixs), got Adellesona and Anesa on baptismal dates even though neither of us will be here for the baptisms, ate grilled sheep head, had a picnic on the beach (today), learned how and made byrek, saw an octapus, find a baby frog the size of my thumbnail, played with fireflies, stopped meeting with Valbona because she has quit progressing, took a million pictures with all of our members and investigators, and basically worked until we were exhausted. I don't know if I have ever been so tired in my entire life, but I love being busy!  
Well, other than that and our normal things that happen every week nothing else exciting has happened but next week will be different. I will have a new companion, a new area, have gone to District Conference and a Mission Conference, as well as moved to a new apartment. It's crazy but I love it!! 
Love, Peace and Chicken Grease Y'all! 
Motra Hawkins   
P.S. Sorry I have been really bad a responding to people! I will try harder this next transfer to be better about responding personally to letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment